Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Worst!

Yesterday was another Speed Scrap on my favorite scrapping site. Usually I look forward to them because they are such a challenge. Yesterday was no different going in. As the instructions came up, I was right on top of them for a change. I was able to find everything, no problem! Then two things happened;

1. My phone wouldn't quit ringing. It was a friend and she kept dialing like on speed dial. Thinking something was wrong, I answered it. She said she wasn't getting my voicemail so she kept trying. Now I'm distracted while she talks my ear off.

2. The last instruction is to use either two alpha(bets) for the title or three different fonts to journal or a combination.


I'm not good at journaling, have a lot of problems using that part of the PSE6 program. Don't know why, but I just don't "get it". My vision problems and shaking hands don't help, but it's getting the words to do and go where I want that I have the most trouble with. The typing errors are a secondary thing.

I decided to would try the two alpha's, thinking it would be quicker in the long run. AAAArrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Distraction and two different alpha's, What was I doing at this Speed Scrap. Somehow, I did finish the layout, even submitted it. It even showed up as a picture instead of a code for the first time. The small one instead of the big one it was supposed to be, but it was there...and at exactly 2:15, the deadline.


Have to say, I'm happy with myself for that at least. But the layout. OMG! The worst piece of garbage ever! I'm talking REALLY BAD! My layouts were better when I knew nothing about scrapping at all!


Don't think I'm going to put it here to be humiliated further. Actually, I'm going to delete it from the scrap site (as soon as I remember how). I will show you a layout I did today, with a skill I'm getting better at. Photo blending. here it is:









Now this is a skill I can really get into. There is so much you can do with photo editing and blending. I've bearly scratched the surface, but can't wait to learn all that I can. Dana is going to love this layout!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute scrap book page. Tell Dan he has a beautiful baby. Love, Jeff and Tara