Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Traveling Pantyhose

About a month ago I was in a situation in which I needed to be interviewed by the Bishop of my church. In preparation for this interview I sought council from one of my favorite son in laws as to how to approach the situation. He gave me very sound advice which I took to heart and prayed for an open heart and mind. I wasn't worried about how to dress as I still had my "Audrey Approved" dress and shoes, I was only lacking a pair of pantyhose. Now that summer had passed it was a bit chilly for bear legs.
One of my neighbors who is about my size brought a pair of hose over that she said had been in her drawer for years so I might as well get some use out of them. I was very grateful and thanked her for helping me out.
Sunday came and I was all showered and primped. Everything was laid out nicely to begin dressing. Because I have a problem with a large middle area I wear a foundation garment that holds it in a bit. It's made to wear in place of panties so I put it on first, then the pantyhose. I finished dressing and went downstairs to wait for my ride.
The longer I stood there the more something didn't feel quite right. I ran back upstairs to check it out. There were my pantyhose falling down nearly to my knees. Thankful that I'd found the problem before it was too late I was about to go switch the pantyhose to inside the foundation garment. But alas, no time! The phone rang, my ride was downstairs waiting. I quickly pulled the pantyhose up as far as I could and stuffed the top of them the best I could into the top of the foundation garment. I took off for church praying in earnest!
Every thing went well. I moved about the halls of the church, stopped and had several conversations as I was waiting for the Bishop to finish up what he was doing and finally he was ready for me. We walked down the hall toward his office and I was feeling all right with the world. He opened his office door and invited me inside and as soon as I stepped through the doorway I stopped dead in my tracks. Those pantyhose were traveling again and about to really embarrass me! "Excuse me, where is the ladies room?" I couldn't get there fast enough! Another lady was in there and when I told her what happened we both busted up laughing! She helped me get the hosiery tucked a little more securely and I went back to my meeting, with neither the Bishop or myself suffering any undo embarrassment.....and the meeting went well.

No comments: